Monday 11 June 2018

Today

Today I am reminded of more things I take forgranted.  I have a lovely massage therapist who's a 10 minute drive away, & the chat is a huge part of the "treatment".  That I don't have to sacrifice to afford things like that.  The car is reliable.

I've taken husband to work early enough to avoid the traffic (whilst still getting a lie in) & am now ready to face my day.  The cake I made (which was fun to make) was well received at work. A benefit of taking husband to work on my day off is that the cake made it in too ;-)

I'm enjoying a leisurely morning & am off out with a friend in a bit.  Exercise & company & outdoors, a great kind of day.  I have friends.  Friends who enjoy doing similar things to me, & that I can just be with, enjoying their company.

More later :-D

ETA: I had a fab day with a mate.  I managed to peel my grapes when her kids weren't around so they'll never know.  We had a fab catch up.  I have an idea for my next blog post, based on being in situations by choice.  It was sunny, & stayed dry for us.  We just had enough change for the carpark & left 5 minutes before the expiry time (great prediction on the timing!)  the play area was empty enough for us to have our choice of apparatus, there was a little assault course that was big enough for us adults to play on.  I got to go on the swings!  The nest swing by myself, all of us on the caterpillar swing, & then the normal swing by myself, a well deserved break as everyone else was in the loo.  I got to encourage her, give her food for thought without an opinion, & just remembered to send her the link to my blog.  Turned around grumping at husband, he let me explain that it's not really him I'm grumpy with.  Thankful that he gave me a chance to not be grumpy, to reset & start over. Thankful he's easy to make up with.  The washer arrived while I was out (meaning the car wasn't in the way).  It's bedtime, my bed is cosy & inviting & I can go now & get back into my weekday routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment