Tuesday 19 June 2018

Good day

A meeting that I wanted to be in a better mood for was postponed til after a meeting that would get me there (the better mood).
I explained my work, my overall strategy & some of my achievements to a visitor & that helped me realise how sh** hot my work is, & she was complimentary about what I'd done. I'm thinking she's be a good contact / networking opportunity.
Again, left later than I should've & still got to work on time.

Remembered to do a bit of extra prep before the meeting, & it was well received.  I have identified some issues, & how I will address them, & managed to get some training agreed to.  Actually I managed to get all the training I requested agreed in principle.  I also had a positive input into my targets, & might manage to drop some of the pointless / irrelevant ones.
Also managed to bring up a few questions conversationally & get my boss's input without having to directly ask.  I mean I get to tell him what I think, or what the options are & what I recommend, or what I'd like to do & see if he agrees.  We're getting friendlier (more conversational) again. & I have managed to get my boss to agree some boundaries to my job.

Got home in time to sweep the lounge & put the table & throws back before friend arrived.  Dinner went well & I have left over garlic bread for breakfast which fits in well with an in-joke from today with a work-mate.  Had a fun, sociable evening, & things sound to be going well for her. Pleased she was coming round, it prevented me staying late at work.  Working late's a bad habit I should avoid.  Plus the jeans I shrank the other day fit her perfectly apart from the length so she's taken them to wear with boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment