Saturday 16 June 2018

Parkrun no. 2

  • I woke up early & was in good time for the parkrun, & saw to the bunnies before I went.
    • I feel virtuous for the day & am likely to get my 10k steps
  • Met a few people from the club so had a nice chat beforehand.  
  • Started slightly nearer the front & started off at a faster speed than my normal.  Settled into a decent pace with a guy from the club & he kept me going when I was flagging.  
    • & talked me into a sprint finish!! Didn't know I had that in me 😲  plus we didn't get passed, there was someone right behind.  
    • Got to run up the steps both times for this one, an ambition fulfilled.
    • & someone had been round with chalk & put smilie faces & love parkrun & similar messages around.
    • bacon butties & a cuppa after!
    • The weather was good to us, it was cool and dry with a little wind - those are the best conditions
    • New PB! (I beat last time by over a minute)
    • Just about got myself up the stairs when I got home, means I gave my all in the run / finish 😅
    • I remembered my hayfever tablet & spray 
    • I'm loving the phone pocket in the leggings, way more comfy than the arm holder though I was pleased with that at the time
  • Husband cooked lunch & has cleaned a little
    • I've done enough to feel like I helped
  • I parted with a top I've known for years is too small & never wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment