Friday 8 June 2018

Space

I have the time & space to chill, I took advantage of that today.  Husband took a day off too so I didn't have to be disturbed by the alarm or by him getting up (or by taking him to work), & I had a lovely relaxing morning.  Reading, & thinking about what I was reading.  I like blogging about the books, it encourages me to think about what I'm reading, & makes it easier to go back over those thoughts.

Bacon for breakfast, a worthy reason to finally get out of bed.  How spoilt I am that husband does the cooking, & he makes things how I like them too.  More relaxing as we watched a couple of episodes of the latest series we're into.  I'm thankful of the variety, of finding things we both like, thought provoking topics sometimes, the opportunity to discuss.

& then onto heroes, there's a card game we enjoy, & what else would we use the dining table for.  The set-up we're currently playing is a good one, it looks really tough but actually we've beaten it twice (or 3 times, I've forgotten how many times we've played).

Thankful that I have the days to take off work for relaxing, no demands on my time.  & I have found a surface I can use for my jigsaw!  I just need to clear stuff off the table in the spare room, hope we have no visitors staying over until it's complete :lol:

I ordered a new colouring book, then instantly went & did some colouring.   I'm going to break my 10k streak today & I'm ok with that (phew).  Sometimes it's worth losing just to prove it's ok to.  That would be like being wrong occasionally or making a mistake.  These things happen & it's good to be in the habit of accepting that.

Today I have written paragraphs instead of bullet points.  I like that I can write.  I like the variety that surrounds me.  Loads of my favourite things await me over the next few days, & / or have been indulged today.  I am glad I have the opportunity for self-care, the ability to recognise when I'm starting to wobble & the resources to right myself.  Today has been important for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment