Sunday 30 April 2023

Long Weekend

Thankful for the day off.  For being able to take it easy and start the day in my own time.

Having the time and ingredients to try the brownie recipe. 

That I expected rain and took a jacket, & that it had stopped by the time I arrived.  That I made it on time.

Suggested lunch which was a good shout because I hadn't expected to be out all afternoon.  Am glad I was though, I enjoyed it. And we were lucky with the weather. 

That friend was really taken with the garden and there are loads of little secluded corners where we stopped to chat.  Enjoyed chatting with her.  And if she goes back she'll give me a shout and we'll meet again.  That I told her about the walk next weekend and so she'll join us.  Also having taken the photo of the massage details I had that to pass on. 

Have brownies to take tomorrow for another friend to try.  Glad of a short walk tomorrow since today was tiring.  And of the extra day off tomorrow to be able to take it easy.

That I reread the gaming info and am now signed up so hopefully good to join tomorrow.

Glad the steak husband got was really good and he is happy.  

Have agreed a date & location with the women in the other meetup group so am ready to launch that event too.  Hopeful of making new friends.

Am thankful for feeling more settled and for knowing what I am grateful to have - boss, reduced hours, husband, the house.

Had a good laugh with friend about the brownies and she has given me a much better suggestion for vegan dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment