Monday 14 May 2018

Work success

Today even though I seem to be slow getting ready & leaving the house we still got to work on time.  I picked up a workmate as he was walking from the bus stop. I enjoy doing that, it makes for pleasant conversation, interrupts our usual work talk.  I'm glad I drive & have the car, so thankful my parents gave me driving lessons & took me out for practice back when I was 17.  Thankful the car is reliable & I can afford to keep it in good order.  Then again, the bus & walk would be feasible, am glad alternatives exist in case I ever need them. Also glad I'm not sore or suffering from the walk yesterday.

I'm calling today a win.  I was waiting for paperwork from someone & a big bundle arrived the other day & the rest was signed off today, without me having to ask.  Phew :-)
I'm planning on walking in to my meeting with the boss tomorrow full of sunshine.  A big smile & a "we did it".  The documents I wanted issued for the end of this week are in hand, a couple are issued, a couple just need his signature & then to be issued.  He was positive at the last meeting, this is me reminding him that things are in hand.

It's a sunny, cheerful day.  A couple of friends who rarely take the time are doing so and I am pleased for them. I had a lovely chat with someone I really like yet rarely talk to.  & my training sessions went well, more interactive than Friday's yet harder work because of it, & I'm learning all the time, refining the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment