Sunday 27 September 2020

Everything

Thankful for everything I have.

For the bed and being safe and warm in the house, to being able to have a lie-in at the weekends.  To being cosy under the duvet & having a dressing gown to keep my cosy out of bed.  For having husband, the work desks built, and room for our possessions in the house.

For being able to drive, & having a car.  For friends and people I'm friendly with.  That it was a nice day & we got out to the woods & had a pleasant walk.  For getting paid & being able to support friend's shop.  For being able to tell myself that buying stuff I want because it's pretty is actually doing someone else a good turn.

Thankful for the book I'm reading reminding me how rich I am, not in comparison to millionaires & billionaires but in comparison with people who are struggling to feed & clothe themselves.  Thankful to have a job & bank account, & identity.  To be born & live in a country with a welfare system, & access to good healthcare, safe water and food. To have plenty of entertainment, and purpose.  

Thankful that I got my deck interview finished before I went out.  That I managed to get parking spaces at all of my stops.  That I got my 10k steps.  That the bunny is dry.  That I have plenty of towels to use in her hutch.  

That we discovered the leak in the heating pipe & I thought to take photos & send them to the agency.  That we're still enjoying the show we're watching.

That friend was feeling better & didn't need a treatment session after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment