Saturday 16 December 2023

Wedding

Friend told me to have breakfast & she was right.  Reading the room service menu I saw bacon butties so I went down to reception to pay and got one of those that was both cheaper and better than the continental breakfast - thanks universe for me being unable to pay for that the night before. 

Very thankful that when my phone fell out it landed on the floor rather than in the toilet.  

Venue wasn't far from hotel taxi took me to.  And hotel reception ordered the taxi for me.

Got to check into room early and saw friends as they pulled into the carpark so meeting them was easy.  Groom arrived them too so I got to speak to him.  He kept checking in on me through the day which was nice.  

Friends are giving me a lift in the morning and we're grabbing a cuppa somewhere on the way.

The people I joined were pleasant company and we got on well.  The wedding was lovely and there were plenty of seats so I barely had to stand.

We still got husband's food so I got the crispy bacon from his starter.  Asked for extra gravy which was delivered (& the others were glad of too).  Swapped 3/4 of my dessert for a more suitable one I shared with the woman next to me.

Plenty of food throughout the evening which was nice.  Dinner was really nice esp considering I didn't expect to like it much. 

Escaped to my room and bed at a reasonable time too. 

Very relieved with second flight rather than having to leave at 6am.  Have been relieved about that all day.

Glad the wedding went well for them.

Got some sweets and cake for husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment