Saturday 4 March 2023

Productive day

Thankful I went with husband to the market because it meant we went to the better cake stall (more variety & nicer produce).  

That I have one of the rooms nearly finished - everything that shouldn't be in there is now out.  That husband heard me hoovering & took that as his cue to come and build the table, & we figured it out between us.  That he agreed to removing the broken cupboard door & I've managed to rescue the handles before we throw the doors out - am sure they'll fit in the bin if we put them in first & put stuff around them.

That I got the visitor curtain up before friend arrived.  Glad she came, it was nice to see them, & the new car - husband is thinking that's what we'll get next.  & that when I was showing them round the house I saw her card & remembered to give it to her.  Husband cleared stuff out the way so they could get to the curtain.  & that we had the shopping delivery yesterday so there was milk for their drinks.  & that he washed the velvetiser for me.  That even though I said I didn't want anything, he ordered me cheesy garlic bread & I enjoyed it.  Also glad I was able to leave some when I was full & not finish it all.

Finally put my clean clothes away, & when I told husband the washer was finished he actually came & emptied it.  Even though I didn't really get anywhere with tidying up my room, I'm pleased with the progress I made elsewhere.

Plans to meet a friend for a cuppa next weekend, & to go to the wool shop.  Thankful to have friends, & ones with shared interests.  & for having a laugh with another friend who I often have a laugh with - thankful for her support.

Husband was receptive to doing weights, & I feel better for having done them too.  Am relieved to be getting my energy / stamina back. That we have the weights now, & room to use them.

Thankful for the house, that we are settling in & making it ours & feeling more settled now.  It's a good house, & just what we wanted.  There is plenty of storage and room for shelves.  Glad husband & I get on so well too, that things are effortless and easy with him.  

That I just remembered to set an alarm for the walk tomorrow.

That whilst I can see the benefit of the time restricted eating (intermittent fasting) that I'm not obsessing over either tracking things, or sticking to rigid windows.  Glad I have flexibility and am still able to enjoy food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment