Wednesday 14 April 2021

Calm

Thankful that I went downstairs for water & remembered the bunny was still out, & that I've got her put away now.

That I have the freedom to go to the woods on the way home, & enjoyed just sitting for a few minutes listening to the birds. 

That I'd taken my phone off silent so I heard when the boss rang, & I was able to answer his questions and show that I had done my job well, pre-empting next steps and providing all the info that would be requested.  That team mate had recommended I tell the boss what was happening so I'd been keeping him in the loop.  That boss was available when I'd gone up to the office so I got to chat with him & he escalated my support request & managed to get a reply. 

That this morning as I was starting to get agitated and thinking that my calm was only a thin layer, I was able to realise that at least I was calm, & concentrate on that instead.  That husband was sweet & came & stood next to me as I did something I was reluctant to do.  & that for the first time in the team meeting I admitted to not being ok (just workwise) & got to ask a team mate for the help I needed.  Also that I had the sense to realise I had too much on and to ask the boss to set my priorities which allowed me to drop out of a long meeting in the afternoon, which gave me the space to chat with the boss and get to the woods.  That I am pleased with myself, & the reminder that I'm good at my job.

That husband had yummy dinner ready for me, & he cut the melon up so I could snack on that instead of chocolate (& that's what I did).  That old boss got back in touch & we had a good catch up over messenger.

That I came home in a good mood from the woods, & the guy next door was out & we had a pleasant chat, & then I remembered to bring the bin in.  & I remembered to do grats, & once I started thinking about non-sugary treats I have a good list of things I enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment