Thursday 16 August 2018

talking space

Husband's home!!  I love husband being home, I love .  I got to offload what was left in my mind about work, though I am very thankful to a friend who's been indulging me in that respect while husband's been away.

Workmate took me for bacon so he could talk to me.  Glad he knows he can confide in me, I like talking to him (& I like getting paid in bacon!  We have a deal where I remember the milk for us & he buys me occasional bacon butties), & I'm glad I could help.  I like that people know they can talk to me & am happy to provide that function (generally, also glad I can escape it).

I am finally getting there understanding what I need to know IT wise.  The IT guy has been really patient & helpful.  It's possible the IT project I need can be bumped up the priorities if I can help justify the business need.

Another workmate took the time to help me through it, & we found the boundaries of my knowledge / understanding which was really useful.  Catching up with her was fun, & workwise it was really productive.  I now have more questions to go back to the IT guy with.   I feel like our conversations are a helix, we're going round in circles but because it's 3D we are actually progressing in the correct direction!

Thankful we have a chat facility at work, so little questions can just be pinged off & answered.  Also the facility to save / print those chats.  I now have quite a pile of stuff to take to my boss next week.  If I can get that IT project moving it'll be a major win for me 😎  I've written a risk assessment for something I need to justify, it contains the justification.  I'll show the boss & he agrees then I can get the relevant people to sign & that'll be their agreement.  I like the way it's working out.  That's another project that's been broken down into a mini-project & is progressing.  I like the progression.  & it fits nicely with my new tracking system.  I am finding it easier to break tasks down into their components now, & it's becoming a habit.  I need to keep refining & revisiting the habits, which is also useful.  Verb then noun in the to-do list (which is now the T-cards) & remembering that has been really useful.  Workmate had me laughing today because one of her prompts is "use verbs".  I'm calling it a good day because I left on a high for a long weekend, feeling like things are under control, & I have something accomplished.

I am pleased with myself because I got through a difficult week.  I held my ground against someone.  I managed to survive the gloom (a colleague's been quite needy & keeps turning to me to be cheered up / talked to, & I managed to extract myself without it becoming awkward).  I've been helpful to a different colleague (one I rarely interact with in a work context) & remembered that I am a sunny fluffy bunny, & I like helping people.  & I've found the balance of letting them get on with it & only really helping if they ask & just dropping out of the everyday goings on that don't concern me.

Am meeting a friend tomorrow on my day off, a lie-in with husband.  I will get to read in bed in the morning!! Looking forward to that as one of my favourite things to do.  Yay!!
It's past my bedtime but that doesn't matter cos I'm off tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment