Saturday 14 November 2020

Car

Thankful I was awake early, & got up & to my appointment on time.  That my 8.40 appointment was preferable to a late night one.  That it was dry while I waited outside, that the guy accepted my licence paperwork without comment, & that the car passed.

That parcel arrived complete even though the envelope was open. & I saw the FB post almost as soon as it went up & was able to get it taken down because she'd left my address visible in it.

That it stopped raining & I got to the woods.  Parked easily & there were few people around, & it stayed dry while I was there. & that I didn't miss too much of volunteering.

That I found a crystal in an envelope I was tidying up into the bin, & actually that envelope is the perfect size to send another item I'm decluttering.  

That we have the house & it's warm & cosy & we have plenty of space.

That friend shared something funny & let me send it to my mum.  Thankful that I can keep in touch with parents without having to remember to phone, & that it's fine to send little snippets like that.

That another friend told me she appreciates my friendship.  Thankful for the friends I have, & the ones that I can create distance from.  That there are things to do (like share jokes) that makes short contact possible & acceptable.  That another friend got in touch & is enjoying himself.

That husband hung the washing for me while I was volunteering.  That he bought chocolates I like as a treat.

That his favourite supermarket is within 5km of the house.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment