Tuesday 16 October 2018

Getting it done

Today I prepared a colour update for my boss, with annotation, & I have much better idea of where I am against plan.  & the targets I definitely won't meet, & the ones I already have.  It was a useful exercise & I used it for a conversation we needed to have.  I have a few more actions to check the status of, & some thinking to do.  By the meeting next week I'll have the thinking done.  & whilst he's busy next week during our designated meeting time he wants to speak to me so I get a different time slot rather than cancelled for a week.  Meeting is set, now to get prepared...
Also agreed with some of the other decisions I'd made & explained.
The meeting went well.  I was mostly calm & husband like, although my Nikness asserted itself 🤣 & I could see the change in the boss.  He gets my frustration, & maybe we can do something.  At least I managed to then explain the situation is barely adequate, less than ideal and here's my plan.  He'd lost the defeated look by the time I left.
I'd given him my priorities, & he acted on them so I got a decent task done today. & he knows cos he had to sign it off.  Phew - that's done.
One of my friends gave me a present of a stone angel, a little pocket sized one.  She chose well, an interesting stone.  I also sent Reiki to an acquaintance, & it was a good experience.
Just managed to get some food cooked & eaten before I went out.  As usual I got a space right outside the café, & just made it on time.  Had a good chat - & friend loves my blog post.  I am enjoying writing my blog, hopefully it'll encourage her to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment