Sunday 19 April 2020

Thankful commentary

As I brew up & run myself a glass of water I am thankful for safe running water, and for the vessels to contain it.  For the electricity to boil the water in the kettle, and for the kettle itself.  Then there’s the teabag and it’s contents.
All of this while I become aware that I’m in the kitchen, sounded by gadgets & I am safe & warm inside.  For the house & the walls & the roof / ceiling.  For the cupboards that husband put up & all they contain.  For the freedom to choose the benches & cupboard fronts, & then there’s the wallpaper & the paint & the tiles (floor & wall)…  for all those choices & then to husband for decorating & putting the kitchen in, & thankful that he’s fit & able to do such things.  That we are both healthy.  There’s a cooker, & the fridge & freezer.  We can (& do!) eat.  For the washer & dryer and how convenient they are.
Some days I struggle to think of 5 things, & then days like today it’s hard to stop at 5.  The house is full of air, safe breathing air.  What else do I take forgranted?  That I can read & have ideas & compose writing.  For being able to type, & the computer, & a comfy adjustable chair.  For my spacious desk & all the room I need.
& now I’m off to the other room to play on the phone & do some more cross stitch, thankful for everything that involves too.  My heart sings with gratitude.  Take care everyone, stay safe 🍀🌈🌈

No comments:

Post a Comment